Writing the Web Series
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Gone are the days of waiting for the phone to ring; your writing career is in your control when you write and produce your own work. Although you have the freedom as a content creator to write whatever you want, there are strategies you can employ to increase your chances of success.
Rebecca will share invaluable lessons from the trenches as a new media writer and producer, and from having interviewed many successful content creators for Script Magazine. You’ll learn how to write short scripts that pack a punch, how to keep costs down while keeping production value up, and how to increase your chances of building audiences on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
You’ll also get an overview of how to gain exposure and credibility as a writer through submitting to film and web festivals and online platforms. It’s never been easier to create your own work, but learning how to be smart about it will save you time and money and propel your career forward that much faster.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to develop a compelling premise that will be the “engine” of your series for years to come
- How to write “with your producer hat on” so you can afford to film your series
- Tips and tricks for keeping an audience hooked
- How to thrive within the constraints of YouTube
- How to write for short attention spans
- Ways to save money so you can film on the cheap
- Web festivals and award shows you can submit to in order to gain exposure for your series and credibility as a writer and producer
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who want to take control of their destiny
- Writers who want to be produced
- Writers who want to show they can write for television
- Writers who are looking for a way to jump start a stagnant career
- Writers who have an interest in producing
- Writers who want to attract an agent or manager with more than a query letter
- Writers who want to build a loyal fan base
- Writers who are tired of waiting for the phone to ring!
Participate Live or Watch Later
This webinar includes both access to the live webinar where you may interact with the presenter and the recorded, on-demand edition for your video library. Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for one year. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation. In all webinars, no question goes unanswered. Attendees have the ability to chat with the instructor during the live event and ask questions. You will receive a copy of the webinar presentation in an e-mail that goes out one week after the live event. The answers to questions not covered in the live presentation will be included in this e-mail as well.
BONUS: With purchase of this webinar, you will receive $79.99 off of a yearly subscription to the Screenwriting Tutorials website, which has specialized tutorials from experts that explore screenwriting topics covered nowhere else on the web!