Writing the Spec Script that Launches Your Career
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
An extremely well-executed spec script is required to break into the business, yet agents and managers constantly report that the vast majority of scripts submitted to them for consideration aren’t even close to being strong enough. The truth is that most writers waste valuable time writing scripts with little to no chance at success without knowing it.
In the past two years, Corey Mandell has had 47 students and clients sell or option scripts with dozens more landing writing assignments. In this live webinar, he will teach you the specific skills and tools his students & clients have used to write a spec script and break into the business. He will also discuss what agents and managers are looking for in today’s marketplace.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to write a script that captures a reader’s attention.
- Why most scripts are rejected.
- What type of scripts stand out and get noticed.
- How to know if your script is ready to be read by an industry pro.
- How to get your script in front of the right people.
- What exactly agents and managers are looking for.
- How to avoid the mistakes that can sink your chances.
- When and if you should pay someone for notes.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who are looking for real tools to make their scripts unique and desirable.
- Writers who want an agent or manager.
- Writers who are about to go out in the industry with a screenplay.
- Writers who have had their script rejected.
- Writers who are about to start writing a new screenplay.
- Writers who are about to rewrite their script.
- Anyone who is new to screenwriting and wants to start out on the right foot.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.