Writing Strong Crisis and Climax Scenes: The Two Keys to Screenplays That Connect with Audiences (and Hollywood)
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
What is about the two major plot turning points in a story? Is the confusion about the two most important scenes simply because crisis and climax begin with the same letter? More likely the problem lies in not understanding the sequence involved in twisting the dramatic action at key points in a story and deepening the ultimate character emotional transformation. Whatever the reason, writers confuse the two scenes. That confusion translates in the reader as a dramatic action pacing problem, an inconsistent character growth, a letdown.
Martha Alderson works with writers from all over the world. She’ll show you how classic and contemporary writers use emotion to generate energy at the crisis differently than what is needed at the climax.
By the end of this webinar, you’ll understand the crisis and the climax in a completely new way and be better able to write the scenes to maximize audience emotional enjoyment.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- What the crisis of a story is
- What the climax of a story is
- The difference between the crisis and the climax
- How the climax and the crisis work together
- The importance of knowing the climax before you begin writing
- How the ultimate character emotional transformation affects the dramatic action
- How the dramatic action affects the ultimate character emotional transformation
- The importance of using character emotion to heighten both the crisis and the climax
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Anyone who want to write a better plot
- Writers who are flummoxed in the middle of their stories
- Writers who are strong at writing action and fall down when developing character emotional development
- Writers who are strong at developing characters and fall down when it comes to creating goals for their characters and writing dramatic action
- Writers who have never finished a story all the way through to the end
- Writers who believe they are plot challenged
- Writers who consider themselves “by-the-seat-of-the-pants” writers
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.