Writing and Selling Sci-Fi and Fantasy
With this OnDemand Webinar, you'll learn:
- The three essential elements to SF/fantasy stories: character, conflict, and worldbuilding
- How to distill your work into a one-page synopsis
- When, where, and how to use that synopsis to sell your work
- Why the world serves the story, not the other way around
- How to find the core of your narrative and stay focused on it
- What makes writing and selling science fiction and fantasy different from other genres
About this OnDemand Webinar
Every great work of science fiction and fantasy starts with a solid narrative with unique characters. Once that's accomplished, the writer can build in conflict and a unique world in which that story takes place. All too often aspiring writers fail to approach their stories in that order.
If your story is either failing to come together or failing to sell, Phil Athans can help you focus your writing efforts on the core of your narrative. He then explains how to use that core concept to help you sell the finished work with a simply-stated but intriguing one-page synopsis.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.