Writing and Selling a "Page Turner" Webinar
Award-winning writer, book reviewer and writing instructor Hallie Ephron gives you an inside look at how to craft enthralling novels that crank up the suspense and compel readers to keep turning the pages until THE END. It's the key to hooking agents, editors and readers around the world. Hallie's last mystery, Never Tell a Lie, won the David Award for Best Mystery Novel of 2010.
In this webinar, Hallie will illustrate all of the critical elements necessary for crafting a tale that not only grabs readers and keeps them reading, but enables you to build an airtight mystery that delivers thrills, chills and a satisfying conclusion.
What you'll learn:
- The keys to planning your story, twisting the plot, and constructing a credible surprise ending
- Techniques for creating a compelling sleuth and a worthy villain
- The art of deceiving and revealing with red herrings and clues
- Guidelines for writing credible investigations, spine-tingling suspense, and dramatic action
- Revision techniques—from sharpening characters, to optimizing pace, to word selection
- How to engage every reader
- How to catch the eye of an agent or editor and sell your work