Where To Start: How To Write the Exact Right Beginning of Your Story
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The opening carries the promise of the entire story and the weight of the audience’s expectations. Appreciating the importance of the exact right opening to a great story, writers often freeze up, unable to move forward until they’ve pinned down that elusive beginning.
Martha Alderson, also known as the Plot Whisperer, has deconstructed countless beginnings of award-winning screenplays, novels and memoirs and has helped hundreds of writers find the true beginnings of their stories. She’s developed a beginning checklist she’ll share with you in this OnDemand webinar to determine where best to begin your story.
Learn the dos and don’t to crafting a memorable beginning. Gain insight into how best introduce your story.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The importance of a compelling opening
- The most common problems with the first line, first scene, first quarter of your story and how to fix them
- What the 10 Great Beginnings checklist is and how to use it
- How to find your true beginning
- How to test the beginning you have now
- What to do if your beginning isn’t working
- Using the End of your story to help determine the Beginning
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who are looking to create a compelling beginning
- Writers struggle with the opening of their stories
- Writers who want to create a story that entices the reader deeper into the story
- Writers who respect the value of universal story-telling techniques
- Writes who want to maximize their chances at winning an audience
- Writers who are serious about their career
- Writers who want to challenge themselves
Martha Alderson, aka the Plot Whisperer, is the author of the Plot Whisperer series of writing resources for authors: The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts: Easy Exercises to Get You Writing , The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories, companion workbook to The Plot Whisperer: Secrets of Story Structure Any Writer Can Master (Adams Media, a division of F + W Media), Blockbuster Plots Pure & Simple (Illusion Press) and several ebooks on plot.
As an international plot consultant for writers, Martha’s clients include best-selling authors, New York editors, and Hollywood movie directors.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.