The Visual Mindscape of the Screenplay With Bill Boyle
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Bill Boyle is an award winning screenwriter, a former UCLA Extensions Instructor and one of the most popular script consultants in the Industry with clients in over 30 Countries world-wide.
He is also the industry’s foremost proponent of the “Visual Mindscape of the Screenplay”. His textbook of the same name released in 2013.
This is a style of screenwriting that seeks out images to advance the story line, enhance the environment of the scene and offer an external visual representation of the character’s inner journey.
A ‘fully realized’ screenplay reveals itself primarily through images, making use of what I call the “Visual Mindscape”. This allows the reader or viewer to ‘discover’ elements of the story rather than being told. This allows them to participate on a far more intimate and impelling level.
It releases the true magic of the screenplay.
This Webinar will introduce writers to the various forms of the Visual Mindscape such as; withholding, discovery, the law of contradiction, location as allegory, visual metaphor, the absolute present tense, narrative pacing, atmosphere, triggers and anchors, visual expressions for time, tense and flow of location.
This is a style of screenwriting that seeks out metaphoric images to advance the story line, enhance the environment of the scene and offer an external visual representation of the character’s inner journey.
Every screenplay Mr. Boyle has written has either been produced or optioned and he believes that it’s his visual and visceral approach to screenwriting that has made that possible.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to seek out images in your story.
- How to advance your story line.
- Ways to allow readers and viewers to discover stories rather than being told.
- Methods to engage an audience in your story.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers seeking to take their screenplays from good to excellent.
- Writers seeking proven methods to enhance their storylines.
- Writers who want to fully realize their screenplays.
- Writers who want to make the most of their screenplay's potential.