The Television Plunge: The Winning Structure of Breaking Bad
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
ELEVATED ELEMENTS ARE KEYS TO A GREAT TV PILOT SCRIPT. BY CAREFULLY STUDYING THE BREAKING BAD PILOT SCRIPT, YOU WILL EXPAND YOUR BASE KNOWLEDGE OF TV WRITING EXPONENTIALLY.
Understanding the One Hour Dramatic form is important for screenwriters today. Managers, Agents, Producers are hiring screenwriters after reading their 30 or 60 page spec pilot scripts.
Through the essential DNA embedded in its pilot script, Breaking Bad became one of the greatest TV series of all time and never wavered from its initial vision. By closely studying the structure, characters, plot details, emotional flavors of Vince Gilligan’s pilot, writers will expand their skill sets for creating their own spec pilot scripts.
The ground has shifted under all screenwriters in the last 5-10 years. Television has gotten much better. As screen size in the home increases, the price of those home theaters seems to shrink. Meanwhile, opportunities for screenwriters are expanding in response. An original half-hour or one-hour pilot script (or a half-hour script) can be a great calling card for a screenwriter to open many doors in TV and in features. Those 30 or 60 pages have to be potentially great television – a well-structured script with strong characters and a compelling story that could unfold over many episodes.
There is an art and craft to it all –a learnable craft. Studying the best work in television carefully is a fantastic way to learn to write TV dynamically and successfully.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Creation-Construction of the World of Your Show
- Building Out a Solid Family of Characters for Your Series Concept
- Structuring the Episode Stories in Your Pilot Script
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Beginning to Advanced Screenwriters Seeking to Build Out TV Craft Skills
- Writers from Other Disciplines Seeking to Expand Into TV
- Fans of TV Who Want to Understand the Medium Better
- Actors, Directors, Filmmakers Who Want to Understand the TV Realm in Greater Depth
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.