The End: How to Write an Amazing Finish to Your Screenplay
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
When you meet up with your friend after they've seen a movie the first thing they blurt out is: "I just saw the best movie! The ending was fantastic. You’ve gotta see it!" That is the best word-of-mouth endorsement that any screenwriter can receive or ever hope for!
Additionally, readers often mention the ending first when writing their coverage. It's the last thing they read and it's what they think about when writing a "recommend" or "pass" when reporting to their boss.
Casablanca, Se7en, Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story, Star Wars, Citizen Kane, and The Godfather all have amazing endings.
These endings pay off by achieving several things: they propel the story to a gripping conclusion; they create a hero who gets what they need and not necessarily what they want; and the ending resolves their P.O.V. of their universe.
In this webinar, you'll learn the crucial structural and emotional elements that your screenplay finale MUST include.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The anatomy of the third (and final) act, as well as the nuts and bolts of what every third act needs to achieve
- The seven types of “knock-your-socks-off” endings—why they work and why we love them
- How differing archetype endings serve emotional and structural purposes for their respective genre
- How to tell your script visually-- creating a clear and focused ending
- How to conquer the common mental and emotional hurdles that get in the way of completing your screenplay
- The “fade out” checklist: learn what these checklist items are and how they help you finish writing your screenplay’s ending
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who want to finish their script
- Writers who want to learn the critical elements necessary to develop a great ending
- Writers who are stuck, experiencing writer’s block, or struggling to put the finishing touches on their screenplay
- Writers who are writing in a new genre or who simply want to learn even more about compelling endings in their favorite genre
- Writers who want to learn more about writing visually
- Writers who are looking for solid structure in their third act, or are confused by what a third act really accomplishes
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.