The Art of the Pitch: How to Sell Your Ideas to Hollywood
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Having the best script in the world is meaningless if you can’t pitch it. But where is an aspiring writer going to get the experience she (or he) so desperately needs to make that all-important sale? This webinar is one of the few places where this can happen. Learn the secrets of getting your ideas across to Hollywood executives, producers and directors.
After the instructional portion, Jimmy selects members of the class to perform a practice pitch with myself in the role of Executive Producer or Development Executive. Afterwards, he will evaluate the pitch for its strengths and weaknesses.
I’ve sold more episodes of “Star Trek” than any other freelance writer in the history of the franchise (1 episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and 8 episodes of Star Trek: Voyager). All of my episodes aired during “sweeps,” I’m the ONLY writer to have two episodes premier air in the same week (an event that was referred to as “Jimmy Diggs Week” on the Paramount Lot), and “TV Guide” called three of my episodes the best ever written for their characters. I have also optioned my first feature film script.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• How to get a Hollywood executive’s attention.
• How to set up a meeting.
• What do say in the meeting.
• How to come up with a brilliant log line.
• Discover the best way to express your ideas.
• How to perfect the infamous “Elevator Pitch.”
• Lean the difference between Log Lines, Tag Lines and Likenings and how to use them effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Writers who want to be successful freelancers
• Writers who want to write for episodic dramas
• Writers who want to write feature films
• Writers who want to sell their ideas BEFORE they commit to the script
• Writers who need networking tips
• Writers looking to fully develop their ideas
• Writers who actually want to get PAID for their work