Telling and Selling the TV Pilot Script
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Understanding what producers and executives are looking for in a TV pilot script will help participants to be ten steps ahead. In this live webinar, Jen Grisanti will go over all the story components for telling and selling the one-hour drama and half hour sitcom stories. Using her experience in staffing over 15 primetime shows, Jen Grisanti will reveal secrets from the executive side and guide you to use your voice in your story as a way to help your TV spec/pilot scripts rise to the top of the stack. You will learn the tools needed both on the page and in the room to get your script sold. This class will give you the story and career tips that will guide you to your success. It all comes down to how you tell and sell your story!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• How to create empathy for your central character
• How to create contrasting worlds
• How to create a powerful dilemma and a strong goal stemming from the dilemma
• About building obstacles
• How to write a memorable mid-point and all is lost moment that connect back to the goal
• Theme, symbolism, and message and how to make your audience FEEL your story
• How to use your voice in your story as a way to get your spec/pilot to the top of the stack
• How to set the foundation of a TV pilot using a pilot worksheet
• The elements of the pitch document and how to tell and sell your story
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
• Seasoned writers, as well as new TV writers, in drama and comedy
• Writers who want to learn the story components of the one-hour drama and the half hour sitcom
• Writers who want to learn how to create empathy for the central character
• Writers who want to create a powerful dilemma and a strong goal stemming from the dilemma
• Writers who want to make their audience feel their story
• Writers who want to use a pilot worksheet to set the foundation of their pilot
• Writers who want to learn the elements of a pitch document
• Writers who want to learn how to tell and sell their story
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.