Slush Pile Showdown: How to Make Your Submission Stand Out
In this OnDemand Webinar, you’ll learn:
- How to write a query that will get attention
- Why querying isn't a useless evil exercise in torture
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- What agents are looking for when they read queries
- Which "rules" really matter and which ones are matters of opinion
- What it's like to be an agent reading through submissions
- If your query is ready for prime time
- What to do if your query isn't quite ready
About this OnDemand Webinar
For this presentation, literary agents Barbara Poelle and Holly Root are giving you an insider's view of exactly what goes on when an agent reads your query. In their simulated slush pile, they will critique submitted queries and give insights into which ones stand out and why, how queries could be improved, and common pitfalls to avoid. You'll get a peek into what it's like to be an agent sitting down, hoping to strike gold in the slush pile, and learn how to make your submission stand out. Your query is your first introduction to the world, so discover how to get noticed, get requested, and get signed!
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.