Respecting the Antagonist
The Antagonist is arguably the most misunderstood and underdeveloped character in the screenwriting process. This how-to video presented by Bill Boyle will offer a deeper understanding of the aspects and purpose of the antagonist and what this character can accomplish for you.
With an in-depth understanding of the flaws, purpose and moral code of your antagonist, you can create a powerful and well-rounded character that the audience will understand. In doing so, your protagonist becomes even more imposing – a vital piece of good storytelling. This video walks you through the process of exploring your own beliefs and moral code so you’re able to better understand how the audience thinks and relates to your characters.
In this how-to video, you’ll learn:
- The Three Primary Addictions and how they shape the flaws found in both the antagonist and the protagonist.
- How to explore your own Shadow Side in order to gain a deeper understanding of your characters.
- Why it’s just as important to understand your antagonist as it is to understand your protagonist.
You’ll love this video if you want to:
- Learn how to apply theories of psychology to your writing to build characters the audience will understand.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the flaws and purpose of the main characters in your story.
- Explore the antagonist’s vital role in keeping our interest and building a story worth telling.