Outlining Your Novel: Create a Roadmap to Storytelling Success
YOU’LL LOVE THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR IF:
- You're a writer who struggles with first drafts
- You want to learn how to create unique, personally structured writing processes
- You want to take full advantage of your stories’ premises
ABOUT THIS ONDEMAND WEBINAR
Writers often look upon outlines with fear and resentment. Won’t outlines limit your creativity and rob the joy of discovery from your first draft? Why spend all that time preparing for a story when you could be writing it?
But when properly understood, the outline is one of the most powerful weapons in a writer’s arsenal. In this OnDemand webinar, K.M. Weiland, author of Outlining Your Novel: Map Your Way to Success, helps you learn how to choose the right type of outline for you, how to brainstorm plot ideas, and how to discover your characters.
Outlines ensure cohesion and balance in the finished story. They prevent wasted time pursuing dead-end ideas, allows you to craft resonant foreshadowing, and, most importantly of all, provides you a foundation of confidence and motivation.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to choose the right type of outline for you
- How to brainstorm plot ideas
- How to discover your characters
- How to organize your scenes
- How to format your finished outline
- How to put your outline to use