Legal 411: How to Secure Literary Representation and Shop Your Screenplay Until You Do
There is a right and wrong way to pitch a script and shop your screenplay, be it to agents, managers or producers. Avoid the pitfalls that will expose you to idea theft, close doors before they are even open, and lock you into ineffective representation for a period of years. Work smart and know the dos and don’ts of pitching, selling your screenplay, and finding an agent. In this very informative session, you’ll learn:
- when and how to pitch your screenplay to avoid the risk of theft,
- how contract law protects your idea when copyright law does not,
- whether to register a copyright or register your screenplay with the WGA,
- how to get around the submission release,
- how to secure literary representation,
- the clauses to avoid in the agent/manager agreements, and
- when and how to retain legal counsel.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds. All sales are final.