How to Write a Dynamite Mystery or Thriller That Sells: Learn to Charge & Plot Your Fiction Like a Pro Webinar
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Mysteries and thrillers are the most exciting forms of fiction being written today, with millions of readers eager for new stories. Especially in today's digital-boom market, agents and editors are hungrily searching for fresh talent. The ideal writer possesses a good working knowledge of the mystery/ thriller form, and a spark of imagination that makes his or her manuscript stand out like a beacon.
If you want to hear that magic sentence, "We'd like to make you an offer," you must write a mystery or thriller that will quicken the pulse of even the most jaded agent or editor. Deals for good new books happen every day. And the writer who stands the best chance has gained a rock-solid knowledge of the essential elements.
Instructor and author Elizabeth Sims has helped thousands of writers to enrich their work, expand their talents, and learn the elements of wildly successful fiction.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Definitions of the mystery form and the thriller form, and the essential elements of each.
- How a successful mystery/thriller uses ancient storytelling techniques to hook a modern audience.
- How to start with a basic idea for a mystery or thriller and build a novel-length plot from there.
- Why subplots are so important in these genres, and how to weave them into your main plot.
- Why you should unfetter your imagination every chance you get.
- How to write convincing characters and places.
- Newbie mistakes to avoid, including page/chapter 1 clichés and overused techniques.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.