How to Successfully Adapt a Book into a Screenplay
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
To translate from one medium to the next, one key ingredient must be identified and adapted: story. Letting the story dictate what characters, subplots and settings survive the adaptation process to the screen is the most successful way to structure a screenplay based on a book. But the process for unearthing a book’s essential story elements, reconstructing and re-envisioning characters, dialogue and setting for film can often be daunting.
This webinar will cover the analytical tools necessary to create a narrative structure for the screenplay. Keeping it simple and visual is the key to any successful adaptation. This webinar will demystify the process of translating a book or novel into the visual language of screenwriting. Learn how to successfully adapt a novel, article, or book into a screenplay and double your odds of selling to Hollywood agents and producers!
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
- Screenwriters who are interested in adapting source material into a screenplay
- Writers who have written a novel and want to adapt their work into a script
- Screenwriters who want to adapt literary work in the public domain into a script
- Writers who want to take their writing skills to the next level
- Novelists who want to add “screenwriter” to their résumé
- Screenwriters who want to increase their chances of selling a screenplay by basing their script on a book or novel
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.