How to Format Your Screenplay like a Pro
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
For those who read many screenplays each week, it’s easy to tell after glancing at no more than a page or two if the script is written by a professional or not. The use of correct formatting, word useage and other telltale signs either give your reader a positive impression of your writing skills or a negative one. This webinar will provide the tools for you to write a professional screenplay, enhancing your chances for success.
The webinar is taught by Glenn M. Benest, award-winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles’ most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The greatest turn-offs to readers and how to avoid them
- How to use formatting that makes your read as entertaining as possible
- Tricks of the trade professional screenwriters use to wow their readers and make their scripts a real page turner
- What parts of speech are the most crucial to a great read
- How to stay away from camera angles and other directorial comments that get in the way of great storytelling
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
- Beginning writers who are still new to the craft of screenwriting
- More advanced writers who want to hone their ability to create a great read
- Anyone who wants to apply easy-to-use templates of how to do Flashbacks, Establishing Shots, parentheticals, camera angles, dissolves or any of the technical terms used in a screenplay
- Screenwriters who want to improve their narrative skills