How To Be a Writer Without Losing Your Mind: Balancing Work, Life, and Craft
ABOUT THE WEBINAR:
Being a writer can make you crazy. The writer's life is at once invigorating and exhausting, it can be isolating and wonderfully social, inspiring as well as demeaning. As writers we bring our deepest, most sensitive selves to the page, and often the world can feel like a hyper-critical and uncaring receiver, where competition, criticism, and even the success of others can make writing feel like a chore, or worse-utterly terrifying. And yet, we're driven to return to the page and express ourselves despite the uncertainty and the demands of day-to-day life.
How do we deal with all these contradictions, the isolation, the rejection, the irrational joys and sorrows of being a writer? In this presentation you'll learn many ways to kill the fear, or, as Robert Leckie said, shoot that old bear under your desk between the eyes.
With practical tips and tricks, examples from dozens of famous writers, and inspiration culled from years of experience as both an author and agent, instructor John Cusick provides the tools for tackling the writing life with gusto, enthusiasm, and balance. Learn healthy, productive techniques for combating the inner critic, utilize envy, and summon motivation. With humor and insight, this presentation gives writers the skills to conquer the maddening uncertainties of writing and publishing, and to create a space for one's writer self in the world.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The four stages of a successful meeting
- Techniques for balancing writing time and your day-to-day life
- Tips for staying focused when distractions demand your attention
- How to set up a mental and physical space for your writing
- Tricks for staying motivated and inspired
- Techniques for coping with insecurity, uncertainty, and rejection
- How to deal with your internal critic
- Daily practices and meditations specifically designed for the writing life
- How to take the measure of yourself as a writer, and keep writing!
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.