Developing Strong Dialogue in Your Screenplay
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The common belief is that dialogue cannot be taught; one either has an ear for it or one doesn’t. This is not the case. Great dialogue can be taught like anything else. This webinar will give you this skill – making your characters’ banter clever and snappy, attracting actors and your readership. In this webinar, you will learn how to use visual imagery in your dialogue, which will make it cinematic and memorable, and also understand how sub-text in dialogue makes scenes come alive.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles’ most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- What is on-the-nose dialogue and how to avoid it
- The use of visual images to enhance the spoken word
- Proven techniques to spice up what your characters are saying
- Where to start scenes to avoid obvious and unnecessary dialogue
- How to assure each character has his or her own voice
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who are struggling to make their dialogue stand out
- Writers who are unclear about what exactly is on-the-nose dialogue and want to know how to bring sub-text into their scenes
- Writers who want their characters to instantly make an impact on the reader and their audience
- Writers who want new techniques they can instantly use to improve their screenwriting skills