Developing and Pitching the TV Series
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Many people have great ideas for television series but have no idea how to develop them for potential buyers. Every network is different and their requirements for shows are varied. One of the most important abilities is to be able to discern a buyers needs and develop a show which accomplishes the goal of fulfilling that wish list while at the same time, making the most of the unique aspects of your project.
Most executives are in the room to say “no”. Once you are aware of this, it’s vital that you learn the process for creating a specific strategy for combating all of the reasons they’d ‘pass’ on your property. Additionally, you need to acquire the calculated art of subtly highlighting reasons they should to say “yes” - and attain the ability do so in a very timely manner, with a carefully crafted short pitch.
In this OnDemand webinar, instructor Lane Shefter Bishop will give you all of these skills and more.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to discover different network needs.
- How to turn a potential ‘no’ into a ‘yes’.
- How to highlight what is unique in your particular project.
- The importance of crafting a strategic short pitch.
- What a show-runner is and what they bring to the table.
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
- Anyone with a great TV series idea
- Anyone wanting insider information on the craft of developing a TV series
- Anyone desiring information on how to get undisclosed networks needs
- Anyone wanting to take on the challenge of crafting a TV series pitch for buyers
- Anyone who is interested in finding out secrets for turning a ‘no’ into a ‘yes’
- Anyone who wants to finesse their pitching abilities
- Anyone with the desire to take themselves to the next level in the TV industry
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.