Creating Great Horror Villains
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Horror is a special genre that doesn’t necessarily follow the classic, structural formula for writing screenplays. In this unique webinar, you will learn easy-to-use techniques for creating truly unique villains (both human and inhuman) which will make your horror movies memorable and commercial.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award-winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles’ most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How do develop a truly scary antagonist for your horror screenplay
- Understand why the villain in horror is more important than the protagonist
- The techniques used by Stephen King, Kevin Williamson, Wes Craven and many other horror writers to create scares
- The sub genres of horror and how they are all unique and have their own special rules
- Why it’s so important to find contained environments in horror from which your characters can’t escape
- What are the best themes for your horror script
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- More advanced writers who are writing horror screenplays and want easy to learn “tricks of the trade” to quickly adapt
- Beginning writers who have an interest in this genre
- Screenwriters who want to understand how to create fascinating villains for horror or any other genre
- Those who want techniques from the masters in writing truly, scary movies