Create An Emotional Connection Through Characters and Story
Shipping calculated at checkout.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR:
The one difference between a great movie and a mediocre one is the amount of emotion an audience feels towards the characters and story. This OnDemand webinar will deconstruct the ways great screenwriters are able to connect an audience to their characters and their story lines. You will understand how to raise the emotional stakes of your plot and learn the practical tools to instantly get the audience to root for your protagonist and deepen the character relationships in your story.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to convincingly create a character arc
- The importance of private moments
- Techniques for establishing rooting interest
- The value of having a flawed hero as your protagonist
- Establishing the emotional stakes of a story
- How to build in false hopes and setbacks to constantly delay the final victory
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Writers who want to bring more emotion into their writing
- Writers who struggle with creating great character arcs
- Writers who feel there’s something missing in their work
- Writers who want to break the mold of formulaic writing.
- Writers who want a new approach to story structure
Glenn M. Benest is an award-winning screenwriter/producer with three feature films and four television movies to his credit.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.