10 Effective Techniques for Creating Your Cast of Characters
ABOUT THE ONDEMAND WEBINAR
In this OnDemand webinar learn how to bring your characters to life on the page. Using prompts and brainstorming tools, tap into your personal creative resources and the world immediately surrounding you to create intriguing, accessible, and unforgettable characters for your script.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• Effective ways to tap into your heart and mind to create great characters
• Essentials of a strong relationship-core understanding between writer and your “family of characters”
• How to identify and build out different kinds of characters for specific story purposes
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
• Beginning feature and TV writers, and novelists
• Intermediate-advanced writers
• Creative executives
Tom Benedek wrote the screenplay for Cocoon and other films. He has completed more than thirty-five writing assignments at major studios, independent production companies and TV networks, worked with Robert Zemeckis, Ron Howard, Martin Scorsese, Sydney Pollack, Richard Rush, Harold Ramis, Lauren Schuler Donner and others.
Tom currently teaches screenwriting workshops online through Screenwritingmasterclass.com and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Previously, he has been a faculty member at the the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor and at the USC School of Cinematic Arts.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.