Building The Perfect Scene
Film audiences don’t leave the theatres thinking about how great a movie was structured. They remember charged moments and how the scenes made them feel. What audiences connect with most can be summarized in four words: actions, dialogue, images, and emotions. This how-to video draws from the most powerful scenes in history to help screenwriters create a story structure that elicits the same reaction from audiences.
Developing a screenwriting format that will result in unforgettable scenes that wow audiences is no easy task. In this how-to video, screenwriter Crickett Rumley will walk you through asking the right questions to make sure you’re focused on story writing that ends with memorable scenes. Whether you’re revising a completed script or just starting the brainstorming process, her tips can help you create a masterpiece with scenes that will live on in the minds of audiences long after they’ve left the theatres.
In this how-to video, you’ll learn:
- The nine questions every screenwriter should ask themselves when building scenes.
- How to take a critical look at every character in your story and fully develop their goals within the plot.
- To analyze your writing by examining your story, locations, portrayal of characters, design of actions and dialogue, and use of conflict.
You’ll love this video if you want to:
- Create scenes that evoke strong reactions from audiences.
- Build strong and unforgettable characters and plots.
- Analyze your writing by drawing from your favorite movie scenes.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds. All sales are final.