Writing Great Description: How to Mesmerize Your Reader
Shipping calculated at checkout.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
A screenplay should be as exciting to read as the movie will be to view, and this requires writing designed to involve the reader. In this webinar, you will learn the essential tools to take description in your screenplays to the next level.
Expanding on the essential element of all successful scripts, the reader’s emotional experience, UCLA instructor Karl Iglesias will discuss the basics of emotionally evocative writing and how to avoid the most common narrative flaws.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Avoid the most common description flaws
- Immerse the reader in a visual experience
- Command attention on the page
- Create dynamic motion through your descriptions
- Energize your descriptions
- Say more with fewer words
- Create “White Space” on the page
- Weave exposition seamlessly into your description
- Trim the fat
- Choose the right words for emotional impact
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Screenwriters who want to bring more emotion into their screenplays
- Fiction writers who want to learn how to be more concise in their writing
- Screenwriters who struggle with creating concise, powerful description
- Screenwriters who feel there’s something missing in their work
- Screenwriters who want to break out of formulaic writing
- Screenwriters who want a new approach to crafting description in their screenplays