Write TV and Feature Thrillers that Sell
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The thriller is a demanding genre to write because the audience wants to sit on the edge of its collective seats. To achieve this, it takes an intimate knowledge of the underlining elements of suspense plotting and storytelling. While the story is important, the plot is more important. It also takes knowledge of the popular sub-genres that add different spins and provide the writer the ability to create original material.
The primary purpose of this webinar is to provide you with the practical knowledge necessary to successfully deliver the essential elements expected in the thriller genre—in a word: a “commercial” screenplay or teleplay that will get through industry gatekeepers.
As an experienced writer, producer, director and teacher, Steve Duncan will help you meet the expectations of people who represent, buy or option thriller screenplays and television scripts. You’ll learn to recognize that you must deliver both the expected elements of the genre as well as the unexpected: the mysterious essentials of creativity and uniqueness, which is your talent. From experience, Steve knows you can’t break the rules until you know them. This webinar will provide you the practical knowledge and tools that allows your creative talent to blossom and shine through in your thriller writing.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- What is a Thriller?
- Key Elements of the Murder Mystery
- Crime Basics
- Basic Types of Plots
- Do the Heavy Lifting: The Title, Premise, Theme & Characters
- The Key Element of Suspense Drama
- Contemporary Thriller Storytelling
- Popular Thriller Film Sub-Genres
- The Thriller & Television
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- New and experienced writers who want to learn how to write thriller screenplays and teleplays that sell
- New and experienced writers who want to deepen their knowledge to make their thriller stories and screenplays more commercial
- New and experienced writers who struggle with writing the thriller genre
- New and experienced writers looking to find out what studio and production executives, agents and managers are looking for in thriller screenplays and teleplays
- Film and TV directors and producers who want to learn the elements of the thriller genre in order to better work with screenwriters
- Entertainment Industry executives who want to learn the elements of thriller film genre
- Story Editors and Script Consultants who want to improve their grasp of thriller storytelling
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.