Write Epic Battle Scenes to Propel Your War Screenplay
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
For many years as a writer and instructor, I’ve seen my students struggle with complex battle sequences, paying too much attention to each superfluous detail and not enough care on making the reader feel what it’s really like to be caught in the middle of a raging conflict.
I’ll use concrete examples during this webinar to illustrate how battle scenes have been re-written to make them jump off the page.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles’ most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to focus the reader’s eye on striking visual images
- How to avoid long, detailed paragraphs, making the page easy and exciting to read
- Examples from war scenes before and after they were re-written
- Ways to give the reader an emotional experience rather than an intellectual one
- How to sprinkle in slang and war terminology to make your scenes as realistic as possible
- How to use the strongest verb choices when writing your scenes
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Screenwriters who are relatively new to this genre and want to learn the tricks of the trade
- Writers who love action and want their scenes to crackle with energy
- Screenwriters who find their battle sequences bogging down and want the reader to feel the life and death struggle of war
- Screenwriters who want to learn more about formatting and literary techniques for a more vibrant reading experience
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.