How to Write An Action Thriller They Can’t Put Down
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Everyone loves action movies that won't quit until the very last frame. The same is true for screenplays that keep you reading until the very last page. Industry professionals call them the fast read and smart screenwriters use specific techniques to keep the action moving until the very last page. This webinar covers those techniques with step-by step instructions and real examples that show how to propel your characters, plot and storyline hurtling forward in a script they won't be able to put down until the climactic last page.
This webinar will cover the craft elements necessary to create a compelling, fast paced narrative screenplay structure for an action thriller. Topics will include the all-important first 5-pages to jump-start the action, character backstory and dialogue that will not slow down the break-neck pace of your plot, and how to embed a narrative “ticking bomb” that will keep the reader invested in the outcome. This webinar will demystify the process of writing an action thriller that avoids tropes and clichés while providing a satisfying, climactic ending the reader did not see coming.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Tips on how to embed a narrative “ticking bomb” into the story.
- How to separate necessary story elements from “speed bumps” that will slow your action down.
- How to identifying your main characters goals and point of no return.
- How to create a timeline that compounds and escalates the stakes.
- How to avoid clichés while setting up the all-important, twist ending.
- How to write the contained action thriller for a micro-budget production.
- How to use misdirection to keep your reader guessing and intrigued.
- How to create fresh dialogue that informs the characters and action.
- How to conceive and write action sequences that are easy and thrilling to read.
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
- Screenwriters who are interested in writing a compelling action thriller.
- Writers who want to keep the reader invested in their story.
- Screenwriters who want to avoid clichés and tropes in their script.
- Writers who want to take their genre writing to the next level.
- Writers who want to give their storylines a sense of urgency.
- Screenwriters who want to increase their chances of selling a screenplay by crafting a compelling, fast-paced read.
- Screenwriters who want to break into the competitive and lucrative action thriller genre.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.