Writing the Low Budget Horror Feature
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
There are good reasons why many famous filmmakers such as Sam Raimi, Tobe Hooper, Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino credit me with inspiring them or helping to launch their careers. When I met Quentin Tarantino at the LAND OF THE DEAD premier, he said, "I made a movie I didn't finish, then I read your books, took notes and made charts, and that's what guided me toward my first finished movie."
My own career as a feature filmmaker and writer started with NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, and after that I wrote more than a dozen low-budget horror films that have been sold worldwide and are still selling. My movie MIDNIGHT, shot in 35mm for only $70,000, has been in constant distribution for three decades, and is considered a cult classic.
I've written 22 novels and made 20 feature movies, most of them based on my own screenplays. My books on writing and movie making are known as Bibles of Independent Filmmaking, and are used as textbooks in my seminars and workshops.
Let me teach you how to put new life into your own scriptwriting!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to latch onto a strong concept or theme
- How to use that theme to develop interesting characters who will drive it forward
- How to use the motivations and personalities of your characters to build a powerful plot
- How to make your plot move in an intriguing, hard-hitting way
- How to deliver the shocks and thrills your audience craves
- How to keep your ideas original and unique
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- People with writing talent who want to hone and polish that talent
- Writing professionals looking for new inspiration
- People with good ideas who need to be pointed in the right direction
- Aspiring writers who need some prodding to get started
- Professional writers who enjoy interacting with other professionals
- Writers who want to challenge themselves
- Writers who respect the value of brainstorming
- Writers who believe they can learn something from someone who has been doing it successfully for many years