Writing Great Horror Films and TV Shows
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Discover the little-known tricks of the trade that are vital to writing and marketing this money-making genre with Writing a Great Horror Film and TV Shows. In this live webinar, award-winning screenwriter Glenn M. Benest will cover the unique methods for writing commercial horror scripts and creating scares for your audience.
Through analysis of scenes from well-known horror films along with student examples from past classes, you’ll learn the techniques they employed to make their projects truly memorable.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to use more than just fear and terror to create the right mood
- How to break tension with humor, with relief and fake jumps
- How to create relatable characters in compromising, scary situations
- How horror is all about dark secrets and “the tease”
- The importance of a truly horrible villain
- Horror sub genres, including The Creature Feature, Slasher, Teen Horror, Zombie/Vampire, Horror/Comedy, Horror/Romance, Torture and Supernatural
- What is unique about horror that doesn’t relate to any other genre
- What many great horror films have in common
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Anyone who is writing or plans to write a horror film
- Any screenwriter who would like to learn about this genre
- Producers, directors and development people who are interested in helping screenwriters hone their craft in the horror field
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.