Write Now: Proven approaches for conquering procrastination, self-doubt, fear and perfectionism
Almost all writers fight a battle against the blank page. One of the main differences that separates successful writers from amateurs is knowing how to win this fight.
It’s not just about forcing yourself to write, but knowing how to write to the best of your abilities, free of the internal censor and other creative blocks.
Over the past ten years I’ve had the honor of working closely with many successful writers and seen the specific tools and strategies they use to overcome resistance and sit down every day to produce professional-level work. While a few of these techniques are found in books and seminars, most are not.
This seminar will teach proven approaches for conquering self-doubt, procrastination, fear, anxiety, self-sabotage and perfectionism. It is designed for writers who don’t want yet another pep talk, but actual tools and techniques to make writing easier, more productive and impactful to the reader.
Because writing doesn’t have to be such a struggle. You are actually allowed to enjoy it.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Where procrastination and resistance really come from
- Specific techniques to make writing easier, and more productive
- The 5 Stages of Writer Motivation
- Effective Critic Blocking Techniques
- Sanctuary Writing
- How to Never Have Writers Block Again
- The Kurasawa Approach
- Free Writing
- The Fire-Truck Approach
- The Tomato Draft
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers of all stripes—screenwriters, TV Writers, Novelists, playwrights, poets, journalists, essayists, bloggers
- New writers wishing to get off on the right foot
- Experienced writers looking to break bad habits
- Writers looking to get staffed
- Writers who have a script rejected
- Writers who are about to start a new pilot script
- Writers who are about to rewrite their existing pilot script