Winning Sci-Fi/Fantasy Story Structures
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Sci-Fi and Fantasy scripts can either captivate an audience or turn them off completely. It all starts with a great script. A script with a strong structure has a better chance of attracting producers and an audience.
What do great Sci-Fi and Fantasy scripts have in common? What turns the audience away from these movies in spite of high expectations? This webinar will look more closely at how winning movies were structured through comparing box office hits with box office duds. And give an overview of their structures.
Nancy teaches advanced screenwriting at Pepperdine University as well as the online course “Conventions of the Screenplay” for Screenwriters University.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to identify structure that works
- How to develop Sci-Fi/Fantasy ideas into a strong structure
- How Sci-Fi/Fantasy structures differ from other genres
- How character development is integral in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy structure
- Winning Sci-Fi/Fantasy scripts and what they have in common
- Losing Sci-Fi/Fantasy scripts and where they failed
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers interested in writing in the Sci-Fi genre
- Writers interested in writing scripts in the Fantasy genre
- Writers who want to learn more about structure
- Writers who want to learn more about the impact of character on structure
- Writers who want to learn why some Sci-Fi/Fantasy scripts make more stronger movies
- Writers who want to know if they have a big enough idea for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie
- Writers who want to develop stronger scripts
- Writers who want to challenge themselves