The 3 C's of Screenwriting: Concept, Conflict & Character
Do you have a great idea for a screenplay? Well, here’s your chance to put it to the Hollywood development test. Studio executives and development folks use this quick and easy litmus test—concept, conflict, and character—to see if a pitch has what it takes to make it in today's shaky marketplace. If you can these three elements into your script, then you’re already ahead of the game.
Sound easy? It is. All you have to do is focus. This webinar will review the basics of those three elements.
- Concept: Does the script’s concept grab the audience instantly?
- Conflict: Do you have enough drama to push the story for two hours?
- Character: Are your characters people the audience will want to root for?
During this 90-minute webinar, you’ll learn how to build those elements into your story idea. You’ll also learn how to put these elements into a treatment—a great way to summarize your story before you start writing script pages.
This webinar will get you started on an adventure of a lifetime into the world of filmmaking. But be careful, because you might get hooked!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to develop your pitch into a sellable script.
- How to look at character in a whole new light.
- How to make conflict your friend not your enemy.
- Why high concept doesn’t have to be weak concept.
- How to write a treatment a development exec will love.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Beginning screenwriters who want to learn the critical elements to deliver a compelling screenplay
- Intermediate screenwriters who want to ensure their concept is solid
- Advanced screenwriters that want to polish their concept, conflict, and characters for a screenplay that will pass the development litmus test
OnDemand webinars do not include a critique. The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.