How to Become a Standout Screenwriter: 10 Steps to Empower Your Career
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The responsibility for a screenwriter’s career begins and ends with the screenwriter. The hard fact: Your screenwriting career is probably the most important struggle to you and not to anyone else. Only you know the hard work and sacrifices you’ve endured to go after your dream, so you need to protect your career path by taking responsibility for chartering the course of your career. Your time is precious and you need to constantly be moving forward and avoid the pitfalls of poor choices and negative experiences.
Too many times, I’ve heard screenwriters blame others for their own missteps or lack of success in Hollywood. Some writers look for the quick and easy way to success, but end up frustrated when their only script doesn’t sell and they have no other plans. It may be easier to soften the blow to blame the agent, manger, producer, or Hollywood itself for not getting your film made, but screenwriters need to step up and take more control over their choices.
This webinar will cover 10 proactive steps to help empower any screenwriter who needs to take more control over their career path. Many times it can feel like we have no power, but we do—we’re the storytellers and possess that magical ability to fill a blank page with ideas from the ether. Even if you take one step a day, it will set into motion a positive act that can enhance your chances of unlocking the combination to success.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• Tips and disciplines to help you avoid wasting time with those who do not serve your best interests.
• Why you can’t wait for an agent or manager to make a career for you.
• The importance of entering screenwriting contests to get noticed.
• How to write loglines to promote your screenplay.
• How to write a query letter that hooks a producer or helps you find representation.
• The basics of using social media to promote your own brand: “You, Inc.”
• The ways to attract an agent or manager.
• The importance of projecting the image you want to those around you.
• The ways to build your reputation.
• DIY filmmaking as an important step in your career.
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
• Writers who are interested in taking control of their career path.
• Writers who are looking for representation or production companies.
• Writers who want to avoid the pitfalls of entrusting others with their careers.
• Writers who want to explore the steps that can increase their chances of unlocking the gates of Hollywood.
• Writers who need to stop blaming others for their lack of success.
• Writers who want to build their professional reputation and further their career.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.