From Idea to Story to Screenplay
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Perhaps the most crucial part of the screenwriting process is the work you do before you begin to write.
This webinar will walk you through the steps you need to take in order to turn your idea into a story suitable for the screen and, eventually, into the first draft of a screenplay.
The step-by-step process represents screenwriter Drew Yanno’s method (developed over eleven years teaching screenwriting in the Film Department at Boston College) where many of his former students have gone on to careers as screenwriters, TV writers, and creative execs.
If you have trouble outlining or planning your story, this webinar is for you. If you have already written a first draft and are struggling with your rewrite, this webinar will help you uncover the problems within that draft.
Indeed, this webinar will help any screenwriter hoping to write a commercially viable screenplay—regardless of experience and training.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Where to find ideas for a film
- How to frame an idea for film (as opposed to a novel or play)
- The difference between an "idea" and a "story"
- The elements you need to know before you begin to write
- The nature of those elements and why they are so essential to writing a commercial Hollywood film
- How to proceed from "story" to screenplay
- The natural 12-15 page segments you will write to connect those elements—turning your story into a screenplay people will want to read
- If you have already written a draft and are having problems with your rewrite, discover how to identify those areas where you may need to "fix" your story
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
- Any writer wishing to write a commercially viable Hollywood screenplay
- Any writer wishing to write their first script
- Any writer who has an idea for a film but lacks the confidence or guidance to write the script
- Writers with a finished draft who are struggling with the rewrite
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.