Based on a True Story: How to Secure, Write, and Sell Non-Fiction Screenplays & Book Proposals
Use Hollywood's propensity for "true stories" and the publishing world's voracious appetite for non-fiction to your advantage. Screenplays based on true stories and creative non-fiction books sell faster than fiction in today's marketplace - but they also present unique challenges to the writer. In this OnDemand webinar, you'll learn what you need to know to get your true story down on the page and up on the screen.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The difference between a creative non-fiction book and a screenplay based on a true story.
- A template for creating a non-fiction book proposal that is “familiar yet fresh.”
- How to write an execution-dependent screenplay that will get Hollywood’s attention.
- Strategies to navigate the marketplace and avoid the “slush pile.”
- How to write query letters and get the attention of agents, publishers, and film producers.
- How to adapt a true story to screenplay or novel.
- How to copyright your material and protect your rights to your story.
- How to build a platform for your non-fiction book or screenplay.
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
- Writers who want to explore the lucrative world of non-fiction
- Writers who want to secure an advance on a non-fiction book proposal
- Writers who want to attract representation to move their writing careers forward
- Writers who want to option and adapt a non-fiction story
- Writers who want to write about a famous character or event from history
- Writers who want to build a writing career
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.